Led Astray

January 9-10
I am writing these things to you about those who
are trying to lead you astray.
1 John 2:26

Oh did I make a mess of things yesterday. My husband asked me to be certain to be home in time to meet a man bringing a replacement ice maker. The delivery man called and asked if he would be able to get an 18 wheeler down our driveway. "Oh sure." I replied, "We have 5 acres and plenty of room to turn around." NOT.
Three hours later, fortunately Moses (our bulldog), my husband's arrival home, and a nice hot cup of coffee had softened driver Raymond's heart a bit as he
awaited an enormous wrecker which would drag him 1/2 mile back up our driveway!

I felt awful for not knowing better.
I felt terrible for the people who would not get their deliveries that day
and then sighed a bit of relief when I found out we were the last one on the truck. I offered Raymond any bed in the house if he wanted to spend the night instead of making the long trip back to Richmond. He declined.

Astray-off the right path.
May we have the love for others which Paul had.
Hear his passion as he writes to the believers in Corinth warning them of how easy it is to be led astray.
2 Corinthians 11:2-4
I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Let's Pray:
Father, you always have a plan. Search our hearts and through our humble confession have us eliminate all elements which could be harmful to us or cause others to be led astray. Guard our tongues and keep us from detrimental talk. May the only place people who encounter us be pulled be closer to You. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?