Listen to the Lesson & Feel the Love

January 14

Pondering and praying with a friend over a heart wrenching situation the phrase...
"I am doing a new thing" came to mind and I shared that with her.
It seemed to make such sense for her situation and I praised God for his clarity.
The thrill which was lifting my soul didn't come so quickly for her. You see her view of things was from the pit and it was more difficult for the light to get down there to her.

Yet I am writing you a new command; its truth is seen in him and you, because the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining.
1 John 2:8

Forgiveness, restoration and hope were all needed in this person's situation
and the Lord kept giving me great verses in my personal quiet time which seemed so applicable to her.Flashing forward a few days from when my conversations with her were taking place...a shocking set of circumstances began to unfold in my own life. "What is going on Father? How could you let this happen?" I questioned the God I love and adore.
He quickly replied, "I am doing a new thing."
Whoa, could I swallow my own medicine? Yes, because I know He is faithful.

The time had come to listen to the lesson which I had been sharing with another.
The application was now for my own life. The verses on forgiveness, restoration and hope were all spoons full of medicine I needed. Good work God. You know me so well.
This advice will be received so much more quickly since I have dished it out to another already!
May we all listen today and ...feel the love!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?