Misinterpret

January 11

Raymond, the truck driver mentioned this past weekend, must have thought I was a nut.
As we walked to the house with the ice maker, he commented "It's really nice here in the Waterfront." "Oh, we don't live in the Waterfront (a nice country club community nearby)," I replied, "we are not part of a subdivision." He just stared at me.
Obviously, thinking I was out of my mind, when my husband arrived he told him that his wife didn't think she lived on the waterfront. Laughingly, my husband explained the name of the neighboring community. Whew, can you imagine what Raymond would have told his wife about me? Our home sits on 900 feet of shoreline with water all around us.

Think of the times the disciples must have been a bit confused by what Jesus said.

You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
John 16:7

Jesus answered, "I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me." Luke 22:34

Clarification can be courteous! I am so glad Raymond took time to clear up his thoughts about me. When we are wondering whether someone is a believer or not, a simple inquiry of a couple simple questions holds the answer.
1) Do you know without a doubt if you die tonight you will be going to heaven?
2) If so, when you are standing in front of God and he asks, "Why should I let you into heaven?" How will you respond?

Under the song for the week is the wonderful old hymn lyric for "I Know Whom I Have Believed". May there be no misinterpreting who Christ is in our lives.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?