Sunday's Past

January 18

Tonight you're mine completely. You give your love so sweetly.
Tonight, the look of love is in your eyes, but will you love me tomorrow?


Oldie lyrics from my past. Not sure who even sang this, but I knew exactly where God was going with this on my mind!

The "Sunday Sitters" look so pretty in their pews. Pick them up and stick them into Monday's workplace and is there a match of behavior. Will singing praise, lifting the name of Jesus on high and bowing our heads in prayer carry over into our everyday life?
Substituting for a middle school Sunday School class, which was a bit out of control (until they realized they were tangling with middle school pros), my husband and I appreciated the honesty in the answers to the questions...raise your hand if you here this morning because you want to be instead of being made to come.
Raise your hand if you believe God is real?
My husband left this group speechless with his final question..."How many of you want to have middle schoolers just like yourselves some day?" Silence.

Ooh...I get these strange urges at times. I'd love to hand out papers next Sunday at churches across America as people leave, which simply say...
"Will you still love HIM tomorrow?"

Let's Pray:
Lord, You created every inch of us. The parts visible to others and the intricacies inside. When others see us may they see a look that lets them know we love Jesus.
May we tell others how sweetly You love. When you see us, may you see a child who loves you completely. Yes, love is in the air, we do declare!
In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?