Come and Get Your Love

February 9

In my head are what must be some really old lyrics to a song I thought was called, "Come and Get Your Love", but when I searched for them all I found was something much funkier than what is in my head right now.

While the Saints fans are screaming "Who Dat?" (probably because most of Bourbon Street is so intoxicated people don't even know who they are) many a lonely soul this week is crying out "Love Me" and wanting desperately to receive a Valentine. I think I've shared before with you that on my first married Valentine's Day my husband gave me a silk red rose and said, "You can pull this out every year." It is out in the garage awaiting the 14th! I told him that was fine, since flowers are so expensive around Valentine's Day I would just treat myself to regular bouquets from the grocery store throughout the year! Those are the weeks he gets hot dogs instead of steak! :)

We have the "love act" conjured up so incorrectly. Commercials scream at us...what are we going to get from a love relationship. Counselors even inquire...what do you want from a relationship? Me, oh my, we set ourselves up for disappointment time and time again. God is love and He showed himself to not only be love when He gave his only Son to die for us, but he was teaching us how to experience powerful love...by giving of ourselves to others. The love process reaches an extreme fulfillment when we approach it with an attitude of how much can I give, not how much can I get.
We've already gotten the best through the perfect love of Christ. No one can compete with that kind of love. If we want to be filled up we have to give ourselves away!

I love being loved, but I also love loving!

Where can our love be poured out today?
You know how the players sneak up and pour the Gatorade on the winning coach? Let's bestow a surprise "love" attack on someone today, expecting nothing in return!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?