Rush to the Word

February 15
Today has been a rush from beginning to end. A winter storm was predicted and I really thought school would be delayed. Even though I sleep with the Head of School, I don't always know what is ahead. After sitting at his computer watching the weather forecast for an hour and a half he decided to go on time, but awakened me a bit late! Whew, I had to get in gear quickly and never caught up. After starting school on time, we had to close early because the storm did come!
The word "rush" had been hanging on all evening, so finally I went to the dictionary to see if the Lord had a message there.
Clinking on the verb form, which is what I had been experiencing all day, I found: "Rush: to move forward, progress, or act with haste or eagerness or without preparation."
Seeing the option of the noun form of the word I immediately thought of Moses in the bull rushes, but found quite the variety of definitions covering a spectrum from football terms and fraternity membership processes, all the way to feelings of euphoria.

One word, so many possibilities. God's Word works the same way. It is potent and powerful and brings life, healing, hope, encouragement to a barrage of scenarios.


For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?