Sit Still

February 26

LOL...my Bible study this AM has taken me to passages on the importance of sitting still! Immediately I realized I bark out the command of "sit still" daily.
Ah, you are thinking that is because I am a teacher....nope...that command is aimed daily at our English bulldog who requires some tedious care. From the gook which drains out of his eyes, to the dirt which cakes up on his nose, to the poopies which get stuck under his corkscrew tail and the drainage which comes out of his infected ear I need him to be still and cooperate while I clean him up!

Do you hear it? Did the same thought reverberate back to you? God is saying..
"A hum." Likewise dear ones, I need you to sit still and cooperate while I clean up your heart with my Word! Oh, my! The list is lengthy of the things which need to be picked out of our lives.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:22-24
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

May we all take time to sit before the Lord today an allow him to clean up our acts!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?