Soldiers

February 20-21

The students at school have been writing to soldiers and today in my Bible study I was really impacted by the way what I was personally studying related to our military personnel.
From One Month to Live:
Jesus traveled lightly. He kept only the cargo that was most important for His health and His mission. He advised His followers to do the same.”
The study goes on with these questions.
What is your response to His advice?
What cargo might Jesus want to you to discard from your life?

(Oh,goodness...show me some mercy! My husband is hoping I interpret this to mean I need to learn to travel more lightly!)

Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!" "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first."
Mark 10:28-31

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:19-21

God is preparing me for something....downsizing maybe or leaving everything!
My husband says the only way he will ever move again...is if we take nothing!
Rarely does my mind gravitate to consider how simply our soldiers live while abroad or in training camps.

Less, especially living without the mess, makes it easier to spend time with Jesus!

Let's take time today to stop and pray for our soldiers who have left so much behind to willingly go and give it all up to protect us!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?