Under Cover Care

February 25

Lying on my belly, with the covers pulled up high around my chilly shoulders, I am praising the Lord for wireless which allows me to type without getting out of bed.
It's cold! My hot water bottle of a husband starts his day in another town, so he is up and Adam, leaving me to really not want to get out of bed and wander out into the cold temperatures this morning.

Sobbing through a faculty prayer time yesterday, two of us shared circumstances we are experiencing which at times make us want to give up the battle. A huge part of me wanted to hide beneath the covers yesterday and not get up and face the world, but I knew the children would be an excellent distraction and the prayers and encouragement of my colleagues would put me in the proper mind set.
That was right on!

Today my prayers are for the "burden bearers" out in the world.
This phrase has dual meaning, so I need to double up my prayers.

While typing this term, "burden bearers" I was thinking of all the people who are carrying heavy loads of hurt and disappointment. On occasion, as a teacher, I hold a lamenting child whose tears and distress relay a message that the pain is just too great for them. The three greatest burdens I see and sometimes share with my adult friends are job and health fears and the onset of panic which comes from feeling unloved by someone you love very much.

Going to God's Word with a search on the topic "bearers" I came across words of wisdom for Moses, which now have me praying equally as hard for our support systems...you know the friends who come alongside you and are willing to crawl under the covers with you, just long enough to let you know you don't want to stay there, and they gently pull the covers back, wrapping a warm shawl around your shoulders and putting a hot cup of tea or coffee in your hands while nudging you along to make the transition of facing the beast which is bearing down upon you and trusting God with the outcome.

For me yesterday, the wisdom which flowed around me carried great impact. The greatest thing it did was allow me to hear the Lord himself say to me..."Do not get weary from the battle by trying to fight for yourself...I am here...trust in me."

So often we try to handle things ourselves. Moses began to buckle (panic) from the burden of God increasing the people he had been called to lead in Deuteronomy 1. Can't you imagine? "Wait a minute Father, I have a plate full already with these grumblers." The Lord gave him some great advice in verses 11-13.

May the LORD, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised! But how can I bear your problems and your burdens and your disputes all by myself? Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you."

If we are feeling "covered" up from our own personal burdens or those we have been called upon to carry for others we need to crawl out from under them and seek wise counsel and even ask for help!

Singing Mighty to Save as I face the world today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?