Whose Side are You On?

February 12-14

A friend emailed me this You Tube link;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ddoyfn6g4

Now it has a good ole country twang, which if you're not from around these parts you might not be accustomed. The interrogational lyrics will get your brain in gear this morning. (The made up word, interrogational might too!)

While the song, which by the way is being sung by The Barn Again Gang, may get us considering our earthly heritage there is deeper thought to be provoked. Spiritually speaking, we are on one decisive side or the other when it comes to how imminent our exit could be. In a flash, in a twinking of an eye, at the last trumpet's call", when Jesus appears whatever our previous relationship with Him has been will determine our travel plans.

Lyrics to My Father's Side;
Felecia Shifflett

Just a young boy in the temple one day
Shared with the doctors, they were so amazed
Never had they seen one so young speak so swift
They asked him many questions, the conversation went like this

CHORUS:
What’s your name, son?
On my mother’s side, my name is Jesus
But on my Father’s side, they call me Emmanuel
How old are you, son?
On my mother’s side, now I’m twelve years
But on my Father’s side, I’ve just always been
Where you from, son?
On my mother’s side, I’m from Bethlehem
But on my Father’s side, it’s New Jerusalem
What’s your plan, son?
On my mother’s side, I’ll be crucified
But on my Father’s side, I’ll rise again
And I’ll sit by my Father’s side

He was the Son of God, yet the son of man
And I can’t help but wonder how Joseph must have felt
When through an open door that day, he heard his son reply
You see, I’m the King of Kings, that’s on my Father’s side

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?