Dove

March 16

The word was so clear. Dove, but the message has been slow in coming.
Is it about chocolate, music awards,or Old Testament sacrifices????
Webster's defines dove:
1) any of numerous pigeons
2) a gentle woman or child
3) one who takes a conciliatory attitude and advocates negotiations and compromise; especially : an opponent of war.
Still nothing was clicking. So off to Bible Gateway I went and there it was...
Psalm 55:5-7
Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me. I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest-I would flee far away and stay in the desert.

Today I went to the Duke Cancer center with a dear friend who will approach her six year battle mark in April. Entering the facility I was immediately overwhelmed by the numbers of people waiting there to fight the fight of cancer. Oh, that each of these people could fly away from this dreadful disease.

The waiting room swarmed with over fifty people. Name after name was called out and individuals were taken away to who knows what awaited them. Just as quickly another would pass through the check in desk and fill a chair. A very tall young man cruised past us and I strained to read the wording on his long sleeved T-shirt which had a picture of Jesus' bloody hand and forearm nailed to a piece of wood.
"His palm was red to tell your future."
I wanted to know the future of each person facing the misery of cancer. The more I looked, the more I realized there was peace in the process at that medical facility.
Ah, yes, the dove is a symbol of peace.
As I watched my precious sister in Christ maneuver through the decisions she had to make today, I saw another symbol of a dove at work...the Holy Spirit and oh my, the control He brandished in her life had to impact everyone who came in contact with her.
Thank you my friend, for taking me along. The way you walk with Jesus makes me stronger. Love, Boo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?