Peace

March 11
Well, I am finally into the last phrase of "One Month to Live". The thirty day study has taken me 3 months. The last principle is titled "Leave Boldly". The writer states "My life, my time, is not my own. It belongs to Christ, and it's His name that will last; only when I live to influence others for Him will I leave an enduring legacy."
The book has the powerful statement:
You are not ready to live until you are ready to die.
I was just visiting my father who will turn 90 on April 29th. When I arrived at his home and asked how he was, he replied,
"I am good for 54 more days, then I want to go!"
We can have peace and want to go because we:
P-Possess
E-eternity
A-at
C-Christ's
E-expense.


There is an old hymn which says: "The world is not my home." God created us with a homesickness for heaven. A place beyond our dreams. The hope of heaven creates a peace which passes understanding. Don't you just love God's Word and God's plan!

Each night with my father he sang himself to sleep with an old song from the 40's he wants sung at a reception after his funeral. The title..."I"ll be seeing you!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?