Singing in the Shower

March 14

Usually I shower in the morning, but yesterday we spent the day starting a huge clean up project on the scripture trails of Shiloh. Plum tuckered out and achy I stepped in underneath the welcome warmth and comfort of the shower. Then out of no where I was singing the words, Adonai and Elohim over and over. For a moment I thought..."Do I know Hebrew?" Fortunately, Moses (the bulldog) was the only one in ear shot. I couldn't wait to dig into what this was all about.

Elohim speaks to the deity of God. God Creator and Judge.

The name Adonai is translated Lord in the Bible. I found a wonderful article online. "It signifies ownership or mastership and indicates the truth that God is the owner of each member of the human family, and that He consequently claims the unrestricted obedience of all.
Meaning:
Lordship meant complete possession on the one hand and complete submission on the other. God is never a capricious or unjust Master and therefore does not ask what cannot be performed, and never requires a task for which He does not equip His servants. In other words, everything God asks us to do is good and just and can be accomplished as we trust Him to enable us to do all that He has asked us to do.

Conclusion:
This name refers to the true ownership God alone has of man. We are not our own. God alone has the right to tell us what to do. At the same time He provides us with the ability to accomplish that task. Man has a choice to obey in life or wish he had in death.
Application:
I will submit to my Lord and Master and do the things He has asked me to do while on this earth, trusting Him to give me the power and ability to accomplish those things."

God is always up to good! Unlike us,that is His nature!

Taking the translations of those words, I put Lord and God together and immediately began singing Lord, God Almighty.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?