God's Training Ground

April 10-11
Prayerfully our son, who is in basic training with the Army, has returned today from six hot days in the wilderness. The only covering he was given was a camo tarp and some ropes.Our clever daughter emailed: that is intents...ha...intense! The next activity awaiting him is to march 20 miles with a 100 pound pack on his back.
Reading today in Streams in the Desert I bet our son could relate to this parallel written by L. B. Cowman.
"God trains His soldiers not in tents of ease and luxury but by causing them to endure lengthy marches and difficult service. He makes them wade across streams, swim through rivers, climb mountains, and walk many tiring miles with heavy backpacks."
Cowman continues: "Being left alone by Satan is not evidence of being blessed!...There is no shortcut to a life of faith, which is an absolute necessity for a holy and victorious life. We must have periods of lonely meditation and fellowship with God."

Talking to a friend today she asked how I was. My honest reply was "I have been in a dark place the past 24 hours, but I am coming out." Turning the page in one of my devotional books I looked right at this verse which I have never studied before.

Whatever I say to you in the dark, you must tell in the light. And you must announce from the housetops whatever I have whispered to you.
Matthew 10:27

Had I put God first and done my devotional this morning, I might have come out of this funk sooner!
Incredible spiritual growth takes place in the dark!
Hold tightly to the Lord and his promises when you are there.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?