Exclamation

April 6

Now you know it is going to be a good (91 degree, by the way) day when you awakened with the word exclamation on your mind.
I was shocked when I saw the dictionary's definition, as I tend to use my exclamation points more to show excitement in a positive fashion.

...a sharp or sudden utterance or a vehement expression of protest or complaint.
Being a bit baffled I clicked on the other option which was exclamation point:
Used especially after an interjection or exclamation to indicate forceful utterance or strong feeling; a distinctive indication of major significance, interest, or contrast.

Biblegateway in The Message took me to a favorite verse related to exclamations.
Philippians 1:3
[ A Love That Will Grow ] Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.

There is so much that comes against us in this world and leaves us downtrodden. I agree with Paul and praise God for the fellowship of believers and the love we share! I count it all joy with shouts of exclamation when I remember you!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?