Ify

April 23-25

Traveling the past few days we approached the hotel in which I had made hotel reservations in advance. Arriving well past midnight the man behind the counter said he had some unfortunate news. The hotel had overbooked and they had no rooms available. Looking at his name tag to address him personally I thought..."This has to be a joke." His name was "Ify." I informed him my name was Boo and I usually liked surprises, but after 10 hours in the car this was quite disappointing. Graciously he made reservations for us at another hotel and the hotel picked up the bill for the inconvenience.

While watching 600 young men graduate from Basic Training at Fort Benning yesterday another "ify" thought crossed my mind. Looking across the crowd at proud parents, siblings, and spouses whose faces were beaming with smiles I fast forwarded to the days ahead when those young men will be deployed around the world. There will be tearful, heart wrenching good-byes. Then my thoughts drifted to the realization that some of us will stand next to flag draped coffins containing our loved ones' bodies.
Life's day to day outcome is "ify"...there is no guarantee of where we will be when.
All the more reason to trust in the Lord, the gift He gave us, and the certainty of Heaven!

..if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?