The Power to Rest

April 20
Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty. Zechariah 4:6

Usually, I am an up and Adam person, ready to face the day. Today I am lacking umph. I resemble my laptop when it is not plugged in. Everything is there, but not just as brilliant as when it is plugged into its power source. Coffee has never crossed my tongue, but I am comprehending why some people need that kick start. The day is rather dreary and Moses is snoring away, so the surrounding elements are not encouraging me to get going!

So what can put the gusto in my get go? The lyrics to Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus are ringing in my head.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His Glory and Grace.


Me oh my, He is such a comforter! Whispering, "It is ok to be still my child," I accept that welcome reminder.

Studying a character sketch on hummingbirds yesterday, it spoke of how these amazing tiny creatures rest before they jaunt off with their perpetual propulsion by those tiny wings. The Biblical reference it gave was how God has told us to rest one day a week in preparation for six days of work. May the Holy Spirit be our guide and powerfully persist in prompting us to rest!

Lord, we lift Your name on high. We love to sing Your praises and we are so glad you're in our lives and that God sent You to save us. Help us to remember that we have been given an amazing power source and You want us to plug into Him daily.
In Jesus'name, Amen!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?