Trust

May 20th
Sorry the post didn't come up yesterday. It is on now.
Don't miss out on a glimpse of Luke and how real Jesus and I got with one another yesterday.

John is such a special book of the Bible. If we could only read one book to get a look at who Jesus is this would be my pick for it is written by "the disciple whom Jesus loved". John shows God's power in Christ. Changing water into wine, seeing through the woman at the well,healing at the pool called Bethesda, feeding 5,000, walking on water, raising Lazarus from the dead, right down to predicting Peter's denial and Christ's own betrayal and death. But the grand finale is coming back from the dead and appearing to His beloved disciples.

Choosing what to focus on in this amazing book is easy for me today.
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. John 14:1

My heart is troubled and hurting. I am having to pray without ceasing and continually take the painful issues in front of me and place them at the feet of Jesus and say..."I trust You with these Lord. I can't fix them."

My friend and I discussed the difference in "distrust" and "discouragement".
She feared because she was discouraged that meant she was distrusting God.
I think not.

Distrust- lacking trust which is the assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something.

Discouragement-to deprive of courage or confidence.

I believe we can totally trust in who God is, be assured that He is still on his throne and still in our humanness become discouraged by the evil which swirls around us. Hope and comfort come in to play when we remember the end of the story!
(Do you ever flip to the end when you are reading a novel because the suspense is just killing you? God in his graciousness has written out the ending for us all to read!)

So take courage today in your heartache and keep praying until you are praising.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

Father, please hear our cries and help us learn from life's lessons, teaching us to be like Jesus and help lighten the load for another. In Jesus' name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?