The Weight of the Wait

May 15-16

Heading to my son's graduation I realized my camera battery was about to die. Running back to the car for a new battery I fell behind in the processional to the coliseum, so I took off my shoes to be able to walk faster and catch up. Ugh...the balls of my feet are one huge blister now. Last night I had to stick a pin in them and drain off the pressure of the fluid building up.

Pressure build up in life is a reality. The weight of waiting can cause weariness. Whether it is for: medical answers or healing to take place, a pregnancy test to finally be positive, for relationship resolutions, homes to sell or be ready to move into, jobs to be found or colleges to accept you, or maybe a military unit to come home, the things we have no control over can wear us down. We search for various ways to relieve the pressure...some beneficial, some not. Turning to the Word of God has always worked for me. It hasn't always solved the scenario I am in, but it has assured me God is aware of what I am going through.

How often have you heard someone say:
"Why doesn't God answer my prayers?"

William L. Watkinson wrote: Hell works the hardest on God's saints. The most worthy souls will be tested with the most pressure and the highest heat, but heaven will not desert them.

Don't give up. Dream big! Trust in the Lord with all your heart! Remember His timing is perfect! He is on our side and is always up to good!

I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.
Psalm 116:1-2

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?