Life Can Stink

June 1
Today would have been my mother's 87th birthday, but she went to party in heaven 10 years ago. I can only imagine the celebration going on up there.
Life doesn't always turn out the way we would like. Sometimes it stinks. I was just emailing a friend who is battling ferocious cancer. When I was at her house last week, her dog passed some knock you off your feet gas. We sat on the couch with a can of Glade air freshener ready for the battle. The stink arises in life, but eventually the air clears and God is still on his throne and when we look back we are richer for the battle. (I know have a memory I will treasure forever of battling with a can of Glade...actually, I misfired one time and got my friend's aunt!)

Getting back to our New Testament walk we join Paul in Galatians. While I am naturally pulled to chapter 5 and the Fruit of the Spirit (as I sit here with a bowl of strawberries and blueberries, God is pulling me up the page to 5:7-8.
You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you.

So when life stinks, persevere until the air clears!

I can't shake the word stretch from my mind this morning. I awakened knowing this old body needed to stretch. Reflecting on the Galatians verse we have been drawn to, we need to stretch ourselves in our spiritual walks.

Wherever our journey takes us today, may we find peace in knowing who has stretched out His hand before us!

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.

Psalm 138:7

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?