Recognize His Voice

June 22
Enter into James.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

Two friends have been sharing with me about studies they have recently attended concerning spiritual warfare. One had been learning how to recognize the voice of the enemy. I spent the night on our pontoon boat Friday night and the sounds of the night can awaken you to the realization of the battle around us. It was a beautiful starry night and the fish were jumping. An entirely different collection of Audubon choral exchanges takes place in the middle of the night, than in the morning. At dawn I heard a bird caw which truly had an evil hiss. Startled by this sound, I thought for certain there was a person on the dock. Then a battle broke out in our woods between two creatures and I know not who the victor was. A hawk flew by and lost his grip on the meal he was carrying in his claws and it plunged from the sky into the lake to its demise. Creation was in full motion and a new day had begun and it wasn't joyful for all involved.
Bemoaning my own heartache from a season of trials I am facing I cried out to the Lord and along came my yellow butterfly which has become for me a symbol of God's presence. Then immediately two young blue heron emerged side by side from a branch on the bank and they soared together only inches above the water. My own partner was snuggled beside me under a blanket and for that I gave thanks. Then across the mist of morning came a very small pontoon boat with four loud fishermen who were surprised to see us cuddled up!
While the enemy whispered the phrase to me "You are utterly useless", although I recognized his voice, I struggled to lift the Sword of the Spirit and he had me stifled and stunned. It was Sunday before I gained the strength to go study my Bible. I looked back in Streams in the Dessert to June 19th, the time when the battle had become the most fierce. I read:
"Many of us cannot be used as food for the world's hunger, because we have yet to be broken in Christ's hands. Grain must be ground to make bread. Isaiah 28:28
and being a blessing of His often requires sorrow on our part. Yet even sorrow is not too high a price to pay for the privilege of touching other lives with Christ's blessings. The things that are most precious to us today have come to us through tears and pain." J.R. Miller
"Combat comes before victory. If God has chosen special trials for you to endure, be assured He has kept a very special place in His heart just for you. A badly bruised soul is one who is chosen. The most prominent characters of the Bible were broken, threshed, and ground into bread for the hungry. To burn brightly our lives must first experience the flame. In other words, we cease to bless others when we cease to bleed."
We have Sunday morning services in our yard during the summer and being weary from the battle I really didn't want to stand and face the crowd. Holding my husband's hand we made it through the praise time, but I skipped my usual time of sharing. As I looked out to the faces of the women in attendance, not one was a stranger, but instead, some of the most godly, compassionate women I know were there. My spirit was strengthen as God whispered, "I hand picked them for you today". :)
I recognized that voice and praised Him for his sustaining power in the trials of life.
There are giants facing most of you. I pray today, in the name of Jesus, who knows all of our needs, that you do not grow weary, but you cast your burdens upon Him, so you have the strength to lift your weapons high.
Pour the Word of the Lord into your hearts and minds today, so it is always available. And do not believe the lies of the enemy!
Love, Boo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?