It's Free

August 7

Shopping online for wedding supplies I've been amazed by the fine print and extra costs or requirements for "deals". Earlier I was responding to an ad where you can get free mother daughter quotes. Clicking on the site you learn the only requirement is your cell phone number. I don't think so!
Earlier I was on what appeared to be a great discount fabric site. I was clicking away choosing some fabrics at $2.59 a yard. (All I needed was a yard of each.) A yellow box popped up to say I needed to order a minimum of 15 yards each! Not quite the deal for which I was searching. Another site touted "free shipping" in big bold letters...the fine print..."with a purchase of $150 dollars or more".

A relationship with Christ is free. Paul describes it in Ephesians as "the gift of God". Looking at the letters in "free" adjectives which are perks that come from hanging out with Jesus came to mind...
F-friendship and forgiveness
R-redemption and refuge
E-education and enlightenment
E-edification and encouragement

To learn more about how this companionship with the King can flourish go to your Bible...also available for free!

You can get the entire Bible for free on Biblegateway. Googling for other free Bible options I came across an article the author wanted to title..."How to get a free Bible without stealing it from a hotel room." If you contact the Gideons I feel certain they would give you a Bible or be happy to replace the one in the hotel room if you ask the front desk clerk. :)

Next time we come across a give away I hope we will reflect how much of Jesus we are giving away through the way we are living.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?