Themes

August 13

Growing up, my parents had a group of friends called the Oompahs. These couples had the best parties and they often had themes. My sister and I enjoyed carrying on that tradition. Once she had a "yard" party. You could only wear a yard of fabric!
Often I would make costumes for all of our children related to their birthday party themes. We had an Indian party once and met on the property where we kept our ponies, so the boys could have pony rides. Before we got to that part, there was a walk in the woods and my husband was dressed magnificently as an Indian chief and was waiting in a tee pee in the woods.
It was a total flop, those little boys saw that big Indian chief and they all came running out of the woods crying!

Next week I am starting a series of ABC Luncheons. Praying first, I asked the Lord to give me the letter of which the names of the guest should begin. Next week it is a "K" luncheon. Meeting with two friends the other day, one whose name is actually Kaye, she said, "I will see you next week." She turned to the other friend and in a teasing tone said, "It is a "K" luncheon so you can't come. (Her name began with "D")" Quickly, I said, "Oh, I will have an A,B,C, D luncheon next." With her quick wit, Kaye replied, "My first name is Cynthia, so I will be at that one too!"

God has an everlasting theme and it is LOVE.

1 John 4:15-17
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?