Girdle for Life

September 8

My mother would have been 87 years old this summer, but colon cancer took her life ten years ago and she is having a blast with Jesus. I feel certain she is on the hospitality committee in heaven. This spring I purchased my first pair of "Spanks" at the urging of a lady's apparel sales person. If you don't know what they are you don't need to. This morning I was contemplating wearing them and the consideration took me back to my mother at this age. One of my responsibilities, as the only child at home, was to help my mother into her girdle. Whoa! You have never seen so many snaps and the girdle itself must have had metal reinforcements. It could not have been comfortable, but it certainly held things together or at least squished them into a different location. :)

Doesn't seem like there are times in life when we need a girdle to just keep everything intact? Just squish all those problems and responsibilities into a neat package so we look good to people on the outside. The deal is..God still sees the inside and loves us just the same.

Sarah Young, in her devotional book Jesus Calling says:
"On some days, your circumstances and your physical condition feel out of balance: The demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives-giving up or relying on Me (Christ)."
Today's Biblegateway verse goes well alongside that thought.

“Teach me to do your will, for you are my God;
may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.”- Psalm 143:10

Oh, Father, You are our refreshment. We thank You for the encouraging words in Jeremiah where You say: I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.
When we think we cannot go on or we don't have a clue which way to go, let us remember You are The Way, The Truth and The Life and in our surrendering to You we will find peace and direction. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?