He Who Loves Me

September 30

Several days ago the Lord impressed upon my heart not to miss this week with Him. I even started a new Bible study on grace and committed to make the time each day expecting God to speak and teach me amazing things. With a wedding on the horizon love is a natural theme to be in one's head, but recognizing the magnitude of God's love is the lesson which seems to be on the course roster for this semester of my life.

"He who had My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me...I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
John 14;21

If the Lord calls me home today I feel I have at least been faithful to share that these words are true. God's love is not a hoax.

On Tuesday a woman walked up to me in the grocery store and said, "You are Boo Andrews. You have been in my home. You are having a wedding and need to know that the food, the flowers, the decorations, the festivities don't matter. What is important is that people see God's love." Tears welled up in my eyes for I knew this woman spoke truth.

My mind spins back to the songs of the sixties..."You got to have love, love, love." We do have the most amazing love available to us. John Ogilvie calls it "indefatigable love".

Father God, your love is amazing. We confess to You that we don't always love others well, as You would have us to do. Keep our minds steadfast on You, trusting in Your plans no matter where life has us to travel. May we be so filled up with our love from You that it flows over into a wold which needs refreshment. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?