Need Some Jesus Time

September 6
My computer is near death. It is trying to hold on and has served me well, but a replacement is necessary. Our children are encouraging me to make the switch to a MAC.
This weekend while in another city for a wedding I went to an Apple store and taxed my brain to the max. Opportunities abound in big city life, from restaurants, stores and sights to see, so we tried to cram lots in. My quiet time with Jesus is what went by the wayside and this morning I found myself saying..."I just need to be with Jesus."
Opening one of my devotional books I was led to linger in Hebrews 1. What a wonderful place to remember who Jesus is! Check out some verses from this chapter.

Going through a long line of prophets, God has been addressing our ancestors in different ways for centuries. Recently he spoke to us directly through his Son. By his Son, God created the world in the beginning, and it will all belong to the Son at the end. This Son perfectly mirrors God, and is stamped with God's nature. He holds everything together by what he says—powerful words!
After he finished the sacrifice for sins, the Son took his honored place high in the heavens right alongside God, far higher than any angel in rank and rule. Did God ever say to an angel, "You're my Son; today I celebrate you" or "I'm his Father, he's my Son"? When he presents his honored Son to the world, he says, "All angels must worship him."
In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain.



Let's Pray:
Oh Lord, today we rejoice in who You are! We envision You on Your throne and thrill at the thought of seeing You there someday! Over and over today I have said the words: "You remain." You remain not only on Your throne, but You remain in the hearts of Your people and You remain ready to be received by all who call upon Your name. May we choose today to remain close to You and get some Jesus time! In Your name we pray, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?