Old Habits

September 16

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;to be made new in the attitude of your minds. Ephesians 4:22-23

Help me Jesus! My children have convinced me to change from my faithful old PC, which is at death's door to a MAC. (No, this is not a hamburger, but an Apple computer.) The problem lies in the fact that this old brain is going to have to turn from her old habits of right clicking and right "x-ing" out and learn new habits. All the children are united in their echos of..."A MAC is so much easier."
But is it easier when this old brain has to learn new tricks?

When we choose to change from our sinful ways and submit to Christ; choosing him as Lord of our lives and dying to self... there are some major habits to change and the process is not instantaneous. We will falter and have to allow Jesus to forgive us and pick us back up. We will have to go to those who have walked this way with Christ and ask them to mentor us (like me calling my children or the Apple help line to learn about this new computer..which I am not on by the way...I confess..I've succumb to the pull of backsliding and gone back to my old computer until this wedding is over).

The exciting reality about this process is all the assistance which surrounds us to make the new habit of Jesus a joy...God's Word, fellow believes, the immediately availability of prayer and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit are all freebies which work to make this eternal change worthwhile.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?