Press Pray

September 11-12

The Staples commercial with the "easy" button has really stuck in my mind. (I was in the store two weeks ago and it wasn't that easy. They were out of all three items I was searching for.) Our daughter in law has a car with an "easy start button". It is awesome. No scrambling through your purse for keys...as long as they are with you, the car will start!
Functionally fabulous would be a great way to describe our access to God...we just have to press pray!
This week God has been doing some fine tuning with my obedience to not only pray for the people He prompts me to, but to contact them as well. Earlier this week for two days in a row God brought to mind the daughter of a friend who lives in Hilton Head. Knowing she was on a volleyball team and in middle school I figured something was up at school and prayed for her. The next day she came to mind as well and I received an email from her mother saying she had a fever of 104 and they were going for a chest scan. She has pneumonia. How I wished I had called. Last night, while cleaning out a drawer, I came across a couple pictures of her and while they were in my hands her mother texted me. Whew, that blew me away.
Thursday and Friday I had another young woman on my heart. Finally, I took time to pick up the phone and call. Asking her mother if she was alright the mother explained that she had just started a new high school that day and it would be great to pray for the transition.
We have an amazing convenience in our prayer lives. No matter where we are, we can simply press the pray button on our hearts and God hears!
When God places someone on our hearts, we should pray for them and even extend the action a step further than pressing pray...contact them and encourage their day!

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?