Tangled Mess

September 3-5
This morning I pulled out a long macho multi-beaded necklace to wear, but it had become tangled. Try as I may, I could not get the strands straightened...yes, I even prayed over it. I decided to wear it anyway. Every store I went in today at least one, if not multiple people commented on my necklace. One lady said, "That is so beautiful, is it a scarf or are those beads?"
The strands and strands of tiny beads made me think about our lives. To us, often they feel like tangled messes, but God walks through the messes with us and weaves something very beautiful and pleasing to those who look upon it.
At one point I leaned over in Home Depot and caught one of the strands on the leg of a metal plant stand. Had I jerked back the strand would have broken and the tiny beads would have gone flying. Instead, I leaned over further and gave myself some slack and was able to get out of the impending danger. Life is like that too. When we get ourselves in a mess, we need to lean into the power of God, give ourselves some slack by trusting him and allow Him to lead us to a secure place.

This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.- Isaiah 48:17

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?