Tools

September 24

We are experiencing an invasion of stink bugs. Open your car door or the door to your home and they come flying in. The greatest defense mechanism of a stink bug is the fact that the word on the street is if you kill one your home is going to stink!
They swoop into your home and head for the ceiling. If you have a long vacuum hose, sucking them up is an option, but I learned of another tool today...take a yard stick and put duct tape, doubled over to be sticky on both sides on the end of the stick. Then you hold it up to the bug and with the lightest touch the stinker sticks! My husband is so excited to take this new tool to work today! What a funny sight it will be to see the Head Master walking around campus with a sticky stick covered in bugs!

There are tools for our faith walk which work so well. Praise, prayer, meditation, singing and of course the big power tool...the Word of God.
This verse on Biblegateway thrilled my heart and I began to pray if over my children, my friends and their children.

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.- Hebrews 10:35-36

We keep a hammer and screw drivers in both garages, the front door closet and a drawer downstairs so they are within reasonable reach when we need them. Look what amazing tool Psalm 16:8 says is in reasonable reach!

I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.


We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Yup, without a doubt there is work to be done and we have been given the tools for the trade, we just need to take them out of the box and utilize them!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?