Get Wisdom

October 19

1 Kings 4:29
God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight,
and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.


So who is the smiling face in the stunning Hong Kong silk dinner jacket gracing my blog today? That would be my spunky 90 year old father, who somewhere along the way must have asked the Lord for wisdom, for he is full of it. We have a very valuable resource available to us in our senior citizens. It would behoove us as a nation and as individuals to sit at the feet of these people and take in the wisdom they can provide. It will also benefit those of us coming along behind that generation to seek the Lord for the gift of wisdom ourselves.

Proverbs 4:5
Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them.

While visiting with my physician, I asked about his children. One of his daughters is engaged and when I asked about the young man she is marrying his response was quite unique. "He is slow to answer. You can tell he considers his responses, sometimes even taking a week or two before giving an answer." Whew, I would hate to shop with this fellow if my purchases depended on his opinion. In all seriousness, that is a very godly trait and my own husband displays it often.

Proverbs 18:13 in The Message says:
Answering before listening is both stupid and rude.

James 1:19 My dear brothers, take note of this:
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,


With critical elections coming upon us in two weeks let;s unite in prayer for people to be filled with wisdom and get to the poles. Maybe you have a neighbor or nursing home friend who needs a ride to vote. I have been guilty of saying it is too late to turn this nation back to one which is pleasing in the Lord's sight, but that shows no wisdom on my part for God's own Word says that nothing is impossible with Him.

Let's Pray:
You are wise Father. You are loving and full of goodness. Forgive us when we are quick to speak and fail to take advantage of the wisdom You long to give us. Guide us on Your path, fill is with Your grace and motivate us to share Your goodness with others, In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?