Prep Work

October 7

Years ago, B.C. (Before children), I attended a cooking seminar at the Greenbrier resort. From souffles, to sauces, to spinning sugar, I was amazed by what the chef created. The difference in his kitchen and mine, which stood out the most, was the fact he had two helpers behind him doing all the prep work. They measured, chopped, cracked, etc and all he had to do was pour items in the pan or pot! The prep work is a big part of cooking. I am preparing for a wedding at our home this weekend and have some cooking to do today. Last night, I measured out many of the ingredients, so they are ready to just be dropped in this morning.
Good tools...kitchen aide mixer, sharp knives, etc make cooking more enjoyable.

Our days can go a lot smoother if we take advantage of the prep work available to us such as being in a weekly Bible study or having a daily devotional which we read (guess you are doing that). These give God the opportunity to take his best tool, scripture, and speak to us. Opening a few of my daily sources I praised the Lord for knowing just what I need this week!
Check these out and then ponder what it is God is telling you.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.

I Peter 4:8-9

Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal. Isaiah 26:4

Give thanks in all circumstances. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

We have used an amazing landscaper to help us prepare for this wedding. As many of you know our property contains over 60 scripture verses, which make for great accountability tools. Yesterday, as a friend and I were slaving away moving furniture and trying to get things in order my walk was tested. The landscaper said, "I need to talk to you. There is a problem." I am thinking now how much problem can there be with mulch and pansies? He proceeded to share he had hit our fence with his truck. I said, "Oh, don't worry can we just put a corn stalk up in front of it." His penetrating blue eyes begged to differ, so I followed him up the hill to the entrance. Whoops! His truck had demolished the main post and some smaller ones which held the swinging gate on. Ugh, was my first thought. Then miracle of miracles, my mind actually remembered that in the rafters of our garage were some extra fence pieces. The previous owners of this property had left them behind. "Let's head to the garage," I suggested. Before lifting the door, I explained to him I was going to pray and I did. All the pieces we needed were right there.
He called a contractor and it will be repaired tonight! God is good and He uses all circumstances for his glory! God had done the prep work for that whole accident scenario! Amazing! As I said to our landscaper..."Don't you just love Him!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?