ACTS

November 18
Unable to get back to sleep, after a 3AM hot flash I decided to pray my way back to sleep. Choosing the "A.C.T.S." technique of prayer I began silently (as not to awaken my bed buddy) singing a praise song to "A"-acknowledge who God is.
Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart
And give Him praise, and give Him praise
Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart
Your voices raise, your voices raise

Give glory and honor and power unto Him
Jesus, the name above all names
There was a second song, but I can't remember it now. Moving on to "C"-confession, I asked the Lord to gently scrub me with a soft sponge, removing any filth. (PTL-I can't remember all those things right now either and the beauty of God's forgiveness is that he has forgotten them as well.)
"T"-thanksgiving began by snuggling up next to the hot (in more ways than one) body next to me and thanking God for a husband who fears God, stands firm in His faith and stays in His Word. Then I gave thanks for my earthly father and grandfather, who abundantly gave to their children in a way that allowed us to buy Shiloh. I was heading into "S"-supplication and asking the Lord to show me what was next here at Shiloh. The upkeep is tough as we get older and no longer have children nearby to help. If we are to continue to use this property to bring Him glory he will give us the strength to persevere. The devil must not have wanted me to know the answers because I fell back to sleep! :)

And in the night His song shall be with me-A prayer to the God of my life.
Psalm 42:8b
Let's Pray: Lord, You are a listener, longing to hear and then speak to our hearts. Have us take our ear plugs out and slip away to a quiet place with You today wearing attitudes of expectancy. May Your joy be our strength as we face this particular day, remembering You are a Father who wants to give good gifts to his children. The gift You have for us today will most likely be a total surprise and maybe not on our wish list, but You give only what we need to make us more like Your Son. We are desperate for what You give! ACT now! In Jesus' name, Amen


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?