His Gentle Whisper

November 24-25
Rough night. We just realized we've been victims of credit card fraud, our mailbox was smashed in, our republican primary candidate for our state senate seat lost and I have overslept two hours on the day before Thanksgiving. Yaaaaah...Put on the praise music fast!
When you pass through the waters I will be with you. Isaiah 43:2a
The "to do" list was toppling yesterday, yet I took time out to go hear the testimony of a widow, whom I have just met in a spiritual accountability group, as she shared on the first year anniversary of her husband's death. Then our group met and shared for two hours. When I got to the grocery store there was Thanksgiving madness! I was so calm though, because I had taken the time to be still before the Lord.
Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)
L.B. Cowman wrote: "For the hearts that will cease focusing on themselves, there is the peace of God which transcends all understanding (Philippians 4:7); quietness and trust (Isaiah 30:15), which is the source of all strength; a great peace that will never make them stumble (Psalm 119:165); and a deep rest, which the world can never give nor take away. Deep within the center of the soul is a chamber of peace where God lives and where, if we will enter it and quite all the others sounds, we can hear His gentle whisper (1 Kings 19:12)

At this holiday time, let's pray for one another to still find holy day time and be still before the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?