Hip, Hip, Hooray

December 1-3
I've been MIA for a few days. My dog, my daughter, one of my best friends and I all have hip pain issues! Awakened by my own pain I began to pray for all the others. Realizing I was praying for a hip, hip and another hip I asked the Lord if there was a message involved.
He said, "Remember who I am." H.I.P. Hmmm.
He is patient.
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9
He is prepared.
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
He is perfect.
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:48
He is powerful.
Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit. Psalm 147:5
He is purposeful. ...it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
He is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), the Provider of Peace-
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

So what do we do with this knowledge. Peter expresses it well.
Though you have not seen him, you love him' and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of you souls. 1 Peter 1:8-9

In other words we shout...hip, hip, hooray for Jesus!

Let's Pray: Patient, perfect, powerful Father, we say with all sincerity today, "I love you!" Just being in Your presence changes our very souls. Our times of confession, clean up our acts and set us free from the baggage and burdens we've been lugging around. Thank You for how your Word lifts us up and sets us on a purposeful path. Reveal Yourself today and find us faithful to say, "Hip, hip, hooray, that is awesome Lord. I am with You." In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?