Space

December 28

The word from the Lord was clear this morning...space. Opening Biblegateway to begin a search I found a most appropriate verse for three days after Christmas vacation.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28
Stopping to pray for all the stranded travelers up and down the east coast, my heart gave thanks to the Lord that all of our children who had come home for the holiday had gotten safely to their next destinations.

My sewing machine is about to be loaded up to travel to Nashville to help make a special space for a new grand baby. Blue toile curtains are hanging ahead on the agenda. For most people (ok, most females) a lot of thought goes into our personal spaces. It was very interesting that many of the space related verses in the Bible had to do with wanting "wide open" space.

Don't dump on me, God; my God, don't stand me up.
Hurry up and help me; I want some wide-open space in my life! Psalm 38:21-22

Another cry of David's related to space for healing. Oh, how we sympathize with those enduring riveting relationship problems.
I'm hurting and in pain; give me space for healing, and mountain air. Psalm 69:29
Shiloh can provide the mountain air and space for healing! :)

The most penetrating of all the space passages was 2 Peter 3:8 which is from God's perspective. Don't overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn't late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn't want anyone lost. He's giving everyone space and time to change.

With whom do we share our space? Psalm 89:15 says:
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence,
Lord.
Whether wide open or a confining jail cell, the Lord wants to share our space and light our way.
Check out the link above, Hear Ye Hear Ye and the lyrics to the song, In The Presence of Jehovah

PT Jehovah God, we need you and your mercies from on high. Invade our space today! Our earthly toils will vanish and be forgotten over time, but the space which You have waiting for us will be an eternal hour glass which never runs out. We cry out, as in the song mentioned above, that through trusting you people's troubles will vanish and their hearts will be mended. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?