Feet, Faith and Being Fed Up


January 15-16
Rarely do I know where the Lord is going with this devotional when I begin. At Christmas I took some photos of my grandson's feet, which have not led him into much trouble besides mud puddles, so I thought about where our feet lead us.
Reflexology, the massaging of the feet, brings great relief and I've found it to have good diagnostic tendencies...much different from whatever foot fetishes are out there for a certain NFL coach, but those thoughts were dead ends. Pulling up a Biblegateway search there were 247 references to "feet"...a whole lot of foot washing going on back then and some falling at the feet of Jesus yet to be done. Then I landed upon it. Romans 10:15
How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!
There is a huge difference in our responses when you see the florist at the door, than when a police officer is standing there.
What a great challenge. Where can our feet appear and be a welcome sight this weekend?

Faith
This week I have hugged on two people whose faith has wained and mine took a big dip at one point as well when I thought, "I'm tired of all the pain and messes out there." Then my eyes fell upon the verse pictured on the plate above. Next to the plate was a piece of paper where I had written.. "One day at at time...one step of faith at a time..."
Fed Up
When those words came to me, I thought...how easy it is to get fed up with life, but faith requires being "Fed Up" as in "Filled Up" with Jesus. ...fixing our eyes on Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2) We can relinquish the load to Jesus and let him carry it for us...For the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10 Jesus has beautiful feet and His presence, even though invisible is welcome.

For we live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7

PT Open the eyes of our heart Lord, we want to see You. Increase our faith, make our feet willing to walk in Your ways and fill us up with wisdom which is worth more than diamonds, or rubies or gold! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?