H & H


January 10
Comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Hugs and hand holding lower blood pressure and reduce stress according a Headline News report I heard over the weekend. It made reference that if you don't have a human to hug, a pet makes a good substitute. I can confirm that snuggling up to Moses is a comfort...oh, yea and my husband likewise. I would be more willing to offer Moses on loan than my helpmate!
Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ
1 Peter 5:14
Another way to reduce stress and lower your blood pressure is to sing praise and pray. My husband knows something is up when he hears me playing praise music on the piano. When I went into labor for the first time with our daughter, I headed right to the piano for comfort. A woman was visiting Shiloh once and had a panic attack. Her friends called me to come outside, she was turning blue. Immediately I laid hands upon her and began to pray over her and she calmed down. Prayer and praise can be like pulling a parachute cord...they can slow down a descent and give you the opportunity to pursue peace!

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. John 14:27
.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. Colossians 3:15

The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 29:11

The Arizona shooting on Saturday is a sad reminder of life's fragility. It can be gone in seconds. We should treasure the times we share with those we love and never let them leave without a kiss and a hug! (Don't panic...the kiss can be cheek to cheek!)

PT Oh, Compassionate Father, you know all our needs for you wired us with longings which are intended to lead us to you. Thank You for the warmth received through hugging and hand holding. May we be found faithful today to pass the peace of Christ onto someone else through a gentle kiss, an extended hand which holds on or a heavenly hug! How we long for the day we hug Jesus face to face. In His name we pray, Amen






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?