Now What

January 17
A church was using our home this weekend for a conference with the leadership from several of their church plants. The man coordinating the food was to call me. I was attempting to text my husband a three sentence long message, when half way through it my text disappeared and there was a number and a spinning thing on the screen. I hit a random button hoping it would take me back to my text message. In frustration I said out loud, "Now what?" Then to my surprise a man's voice sheepishly said, "Uh, this is Jeff calling about the food for Saturday." I was so embarrassed, somehow I had unknowingly answered an incoming call.

My son and husband have teased me throughout the weekend. When I walk in the room, they will very sarcastically say, "Now what?" "Can't you just hear God when we come to him in prayer?" my husband chuckled, "Now what? Can't you see I am listening to someone else?"

It's Monday Lord. Now What?
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. Philippians 2:14-16

PT Dear Lord, You are one who does not get frustrated. Ah, so different from all of Your creations. Forgive us for letting our feathers get ruffled. Instead of reacting in exasperation help us to turn for inspiration. Praise Your Name for You are The WAY! Show us the way!
In Jesus' name, Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?