The Spectrum

January 22-23
Today holds ahead a wide spectrum of activities for me as I attend a baby shower for one friend's daughter in law and a memorial service for another friend's father. Life throws us a full spectrum of experiences. We can go from euphoria to answering a phone call and crying out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me."
If you want to read an action packed story today, go to 1 Kings 18-19 and check out a blast from the past where Elijah is challenging the Baal worshippers to a bonfire contest. Elijah's God wins big time and the event concludes with the slaughter of the prophets of Baal, which ruffles Queen Jezebel's skirts to say the least! She sends this message to Elijah, "May the gods deal with me, bit it ever so severely, if by this time tomorrow I do not make your life like that of one of them. (The dead prophets)" Elijah, goes from elation to pure panic and heads for the hills. (Actually the desert.) It's a great read, with angel caterers and an appearance from God Almighty.
Best of all it is confirmation that God's faithfulness is unshakable and He is in our lives to cover the full spectrum of emotions we will encounter in life.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

PT Let's make the lyrics to Be Thou My Vision our prayer this weekend.
Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light
Be thou my wisdom and Thou my true word
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord
Thou my great Father, I , Thy true son
Thou in me dwelling and I with Thee one
Riches I heed not nor man's emptly praise
Thou mine inheritance now and always
Thou and thou only first in my heart
High King of heaven my treasure Thou are
High King of heaven my victory won
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun
Heart of my own heart whatever befall
Still be my vision O Ruler of all

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?