February 22-Random Act of Kindness

With suffering being the theme crossing my path the last few days, Mandisa's song on Godtube this morning is an awesome upper!
www.godtube.com/watch/?v=9C9B9FNU

Today's assignment is a little ambiguous. The idea of listing 10 Points of Praise has been with me all morning, but I am not yet certain how that rolls into a random act of kindness. I thought of listing reasons to praise and when I first began many of the things which came to mind were actually not praises, but thanksgiving for answers to prayer. Praise and thanksgiving are different. Even when our prayers are not answered we are to continue praising the Lord.

I may have shared how the other day I was confessing to the Lord my heart ache with some unanswered prayers and His reply was a real show stopper to my complaining..."Was what my Son did on the cross for you not sufficient?"
No matter the prognosis or predicament, the progress or lack there of, we are to continue in a mode of praise. Praise is a choice not a reaction to our circumstances.
We praise because He is and always will be our loving Father, who sacrificed his Son for our personal sins. We are down right nasty when it comes to heavenly standards and our sinfulness won't get us past the bouncer at heavens door! We need a hall pass and his name is Jesus.

Praising God gives people peace, fills them with purpose, and helps them proceed prospering God's way!

With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord: "He is good; his love toward Israel endures forever." Ezra 3:11

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. Psalm 16:7

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28:7

A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. Proverbs 14:30

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

The greedy stir up conflict, but those who trust in the Lord will prosper. Proverbs 28:25

10 Reasons to Praise
God loves us so much he sent his Son to die for us.
God made a creation for us to enjoy which is down right gorgeous.
God's love endures forever.
God never leaves us or forsakes us.
God hears our cries and answers with what is best for us on the eternal scale.
God took time to create us for his purpose.
God has given us an instruction book full of guidance and even a clause explaining we aren't expected to understand his ways, but have faith!
God knew this world would be a mess and established a better eternity in heaven.
God is sovereign. God is righteous. God's plan gives us hope.
God wins in the end!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?