Protect Your Mind

March 17
Moses, our bulldog, began to whine around 11:15 wanting to go outside and gaze at the stars. I had only been asleep about thirty minutes and was not at all pleased with this decision. Coming back to bed, my mind began to wander (funny, first I typed wonder...it did that too). Unfortunately, it drifted to troubling things and I could not get to sleep. By 2AM I was so agitated, I couldn't even get ABC prayers going. I probably should have gotten up and read, but instead I plugged in my IPOD and prayed praise would help me drift off to sleep.

We pray so often for physical well-being, but it is just as important to pray for the protection of our minds. Check out these scriptures today.

The mind governed by the flesh is death,
but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

God's there, listening for all who pray, for all who pray and mean it. Psalm 145:18


The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me like down in green pastures, he leads me besides quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Psalm 23:1-3
Let's remember to pray for the minds of those in Japan. Pray that in their distress they might hear and receive the Gospel message. Pray also for the equipping of missionaries to that area, that their minds might be led by the Spirit.

While typing this devotional, I received an email with the link below about an autistic man.
God has created all kinds of minds and each one has a unique purpose. Check out this fellow's amazing story.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?