Sheep Shape

March 3
Are we in sheep shape and willing to follow our Shepherd?

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me.
John 10:14

Is our heart's desire to be able to say as Job did...
But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tested me, I come forth as gold.
My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.
Job 23:10-11

Are we willing to follow Christ's lead and walk in his ways?
Loving, because He first loved us.
Forgiving, because we are forgiven.
Making intercession for others, because He is our great Intercessor.
Trusting and seeking our heavenly Father,
because Christ was our example to live in such a way.

I just did a hundred crunches this morning, working on my physical shape.
Now I am going to read Psalm 100 and rejoice as I say...
"I am a sheep from his pasture!"

Psalm 100 from The Message
I chose this translation because of the word sheer :) I know that's baaaaaaaad.

On your feet now-applaud God!
Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into his presence.
Know this: God is God, and God, God. We're his people, his well-tended sheep.
Enter with the password: "Thank you!"
Make yourselves at home, talking praise.
Thank him. Worship him.
For God is sheer beauty, all generous in love, loyal always and ever.

PT
Trustworthy Shepherd, we adore You! Our heads bow in remorseful confession today as we think of the times we have wandered and broken Your heart. Obviously, we are clueless at times of the benefits of obedience. Thank You for loving us with such and intense depth that Your eye is steadfast upon us. Many of us are hurting deeply dear Shepherd with physical, emotional and even spiritual pains. Cradle us in Your arms, sing sweet hymns in our ear, and remind us that there is much more than this temporary dwelling. In Jesus' Name, Amen






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?