Splendid

March 2
Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:8-9

Last week my husband and I went to the movies and saw "The King's Speech". At one point someone said in their eloquent British accent "Splendid"! I reached over in the dark theatre and squeezed my husband's leg and whispered in his ear..."I think you are splendid!" It is our new buzz word around the house. Today, I think I will paint a sign to put up which simply says, "splendid".
Looking up splendid in Merriam Webster's online dictionary I got a good laugh as a Victoria's Secret advertisement came bounding across my screen. Yes, there are those (probably some of the very males who grew up in this house) who would say the young women in those ads, modeling underwear, are splendid.
The dictionary defines the word this way: possessing or displaying splendor; shining, brilliant, marked by showy magnificence; illustrious, grand, excellent, out of the ordinary.

Me oh my, that describes my God and the 1 Peter verse above gives testimony to the grandeur and splendor that comes from knowing Him. Sneak off to a quiet place with Him today and allow Him the opportunity to thrill your heart and reveal His splendid love for you!

Do you remember note taking days when you wished you knew short hand? You just couldn't record all the key points of the teacher's lecture. That is how I feel with the Lord this morning, He is throwing so much good stuff as me, I can't write it all down fast enough in my notebook.

PT (Prayer Time)
Father, You are splendid in deed! While we often sit baffled, You have it all figured out. Though we cannot see You, we choose this day to believe in Your love and commit to take time to dwell in Your presence and tell You of the love we have for You and the appreciation for the hope of heaven to come. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Here is a link to Chris Tomlin's teaching and take on the splendor of the king in his song How Great is Our God. This Youtube link has a British interviewer, so you will get a taste of that fabulous accent I was talking about from The King's Speech. Kind of fun!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?