Temptation

March 4
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. Matthew 28:20

"The big eye, don't lie!" was a quote my older brother used often to firm up his arguments. Unswervingly, I hold to the belief that God's watchful eye is upon us. Many occurrences in my bear witness to how God steps in and makes a way out!
Presently, I have some huge prayer issues before me and the only direction I want to go is God's direction. A friend told me about a fast she is doing for a specific prayer need, so I decided to try a modified version eliminating meats, sweets, and all beverages except water from my diet. Not easy when you are married to a sweets and meat lover!
The other day I was craving just a snippet of chocolate and went downstairs and opened our snack (funny, I just typed snake) drawer, where I knew there was a bag of Hersey's nuggets. When I opened the drawer right beside the chocolate was a tiny bag of walnuts and almonds.
I laughed out loud and praised the Lord for providing a way out!

Yesterday, I received an online devotional with the following message:

A friend of mine fasts regularly, and to my astonishment, he never complains or seems to be the least bit ruffled by the experience. For myself, I find that fasting changes my whole disposition. I asked him his secret once, and he said, "It's no secret really. All I do is pretend that the empty feeling in my stomach is really the Holy Spirit moving around, making itself comfortable inside. That way, the gnawing isn't unpleasant but it's quite comforting to think that God is so very close." I tried to follow my friend's advice, and it has worked wonders for me. I will let my hunger turn my mind to God!

Yup, my Shepherd knows my every move and more times than not He puts the anti-temptation message I need to hear in black and white right before my eyes!

PT
Father, our tongues are getting tempted to taste or talk what they should not,
Our feet and hands are prone to wander towards what could be dangerously hot spots.
Fill us with your Holy Spirit, who equips us with all our needs.
And keep our hearts humble and steadfast in their desire to follow Your lead.
In Jesus Name, Amen

Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart.
Psalm 119:2


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?