Anticipation

April 6
My bags are packed, I'm ready to go....but probably not on a jet plane like the John Denver song. I am just waiting for the phone call that labor has begun in our daughter's belly and praying I can make the eight plus hour drive before the baby gets here!
Anticipation is defined as: the act of looking forward; pleasurable expectation.
While I am joyfully anticipating the arrival of two new grandchildren (one of our son's wives is due in May), I am also anticipating the return of Christ and eternity in heaven. If He wants to beam me up before His return, I am good to go or if I am to remain here until he comes and has a gaggle of us go up like geese together that is fine too!

What are you anticipating today?

Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments." Matthew 19:16-17

PT
Lord, you are good, holy and just and full of incomparable love. Thank You, thank You for the hope of heaven. We anticipate not only what You have prepared for us this day, but for the eternal life with You on streets of gold and with angels voices singing! What a mighty God You are! In Jesus' name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?