Honored Guests

June 16
Walks alone with the Lord provide an excellent venue for Him to captivate our attention. While pounding the pavement the other day, thoughts were swarming in my head concerning numerous situations and individuals. While allowing those thoughts to flit back and forth in my mind the Lord said, "Why am I not the first thought on your mind?"

The scenario of being an individual taken on a date, to a place where you don't know any of the individuals with the exception of your date, came to mind. While the date obviously made the choice to invite you, when you get to the event he is enamored by the other guests and leaves you standing by the wayside. (There was a made for TV movie about Prince William and Kate which had a similar scene. He invites her to his birthday party, but then has no time for her, explaining he must speak to all the "important" people as part of his princely duty.)
Not sure about you, but that is how I often treat Jesus. I bring my boatload of prayer requests, even my load of sins for cleansing, but seldom do I offer Him my first fruits, my intense love and admiration. Yet again and again He forgives me and is willing to take me on another date!
Jesus should aways be our guest of honor!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?