I Wish You Well

June 21
Last month I encounter a man in a store who began sharing a saga of his life with me. I tried to be a good listener. What he said at the end has stuck with me...
"Life is too short to surround yourself by people that don't wish you well."
Sure sounds good to me, but is that what Jesus did?
My mind is rushing back and forth pondering this statement. We have to step out in the world, which is full of cruel people, if we are going to be light. Jesus prays three powerful prayers in John chapter 17. The first is for himself, then for the disciples, then for all believers. Take time today to allow his sweet words to penetrate your heart. Jesus is so loving. Pass those words of hope along to someone else. Maybe even someone who does not wish you well. Be encouraged by what Christ prays to God in these verses for the disciples.

I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. John 17:14-16 (In other words...take care of them among the people who do not wish them well.)

I really like the quote and decided to dig into the meaning of "surround".
1) To enclose on all sides.
2) To enclose so as to cut off communication or retreat
3) To form or be a member of the entourage.

Oh, dear friends (and those of you who read this who don't wish me well...yes, that gets back to me and I have to wonder, why you take the time to come here?) there has come such wisdom for me from this search today. While we are called to be in the world, we should not place ourselves in positions where we are cut off from the wisdom and counsel of believers or join an entourage within which we do not have accountability.

I get so "dagone" excited when Jesus teaches me! Praise the Lord He is alive and well!

Here is a great niblet for our day:
Finally, brothers and sisters rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:11

    1. I wish you well!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?