Survival

June 7
I want you to know...that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel. Philippians 1:12

“A great life is not a pain-free life. It is a life in which pain is intertwined with joy.”
John Townsend.

In order to enjoy a delightful boat ride in Virginia, children under the age of 12 must wear a life jacket. The "great life, not pain free" quote made me think of our grandson overwhelmed by his life jacket!

This message seems to be coming to me over and over again. I find myself going back to praying for life to go well for people (friends, family). Praying for no obstacles, heartache, etc. That just isn’t how our faith walk works. James says...There will be trials. We are to use the survival of those times through Christ’s love, to be an encouragement to others and an expression of our faith to further the gospel.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?