A Fire



August 1

The other night I awakened from a dream that there was going to be a fire. Anxiety quickly set in as I thought about our properties, places of business and children's homes. Next my mind shifted that maybe it was a relational fire (blow up). Often I try to think back to what I may have seen on TV that could influence my dreams. All that had been on was the news and there certainly have been fires brewing on Capitol Hill. I was a bit uneasy with these thoughts. The next day I committed to a getaway with Jesus. Working my way once again through Secrets of the Secret Place the Lord revealed in His Word there was a fire that was NEEDED. I was reminded that if I am anxious and not on fire with my faith than I am a useless witness. Reading this quote.."People are always attracted to a great fire" challenged me to make some changes.

No sooner had the lesson begun than a pop quiz was issued.
The large umbrella on the dock fell over on me. Distractions! I knew I was on to something. Next a rental pontoon pulled up right in front of our dock and anchored and a family jumped in the water with squeals of delight. Immediately I thought, "Come on. There is an entire lake out there, I am having my quiet time." Bop! "Forgive me Lord," I said, "Change my heart towards people who invade my privacy. Let me see them as You do. Jesus always had time for others." So I began to pray for these people.

Getting back to the book I couldn't take notes fast enough...
God makes his ministers a flame of fire.
Hebrews 1:7
Next from James 4:5
"The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously. The agenda of this yearning jealousy is that Christ's bride might be set ablaze with an exclusive and fiery passion for her Beloved. Do something dangerous. Get alone with God! His consuming fire will burn away all from your life, until all that's left is love itself."

What proof this whole experience was that our minds are not like God's mind. My natural inclination with the thought of fire was to focus on fear. God's was quite the opposite. Fire can be a positive in our lives.. So open the Word of God today and ask Him to strike a match in your life today and have the Holy Spirit shine brighter and with more warmth than He ever has in your life!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?